Thursday, March 29, 2012

error for sending(saving) data to database

Hi,
Im using VS2005 and Im trying to link the C# windows form to MSSQL. I used BindingNavigator Control to read the data. After that I add sqlcommand and sqldataadapter to send the data to the database. My code is this

sqlDataAdapter1.InsertCommand.CommandText =
"INSERT INTO SUDENT (" +
"S_ID, S_NAME, S_ADDRESS, S_PHONE" +
") VALUES ('" +
S_IDComboBox.Text + "', '" +
S_NAMETextBox.Text + "', '" +
S_ADDRESSTextBox.Text + "', '" +
S_PHONETextBox.Text + "')";

sqlDataAdapter1.InsertCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();

It gave me this error
NulleferenceException was Unhandled and Object refrence not set to an instance of an object so I add this line

sqlCommand1 = ("INSERT INTO STUDENT (S_ID,S_NAME,S_ADDRESS,S_PHONE) VALUES (@.S_ID,@.S_NAME,@.S_ADDRESS,@.S_PHONE)" ,sqlConnection1);

Then it gave me some stupid error. By the way it didnt make a new object of SqlCommand although I tried .

So can u help me to solve my problem ? Thank youHi. the only object reference I can see in your code is:
sqlDataAdapter1
You could check if this is the correct spelling or if indeed it exists as a valid object.|||hi thank you for reply.
i correct the spelling but it still gave me the same error.|||

Quote:

Originally Posted by csharpa

hi thank you for reply.
i correct the spelling but it still gave me the same error.


Interesting. You corrected the spelling to what?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment