Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error executing SSIS package

Hello,
I'm running SQL Server 2005 Developer edition on Vista Ultimate. I've
created several SSIS packages and run them under proxy account. At first
they worked just fine, but then all of them started to fail with the error
messages like this one:
Error: 2007-03-20 22:59:15.56 Code: 0xC002F304 Source:
NonTransactableSql Execute SQL Task Description: An error occurred with
the following error message: "Could not find file 'I:\Users\Peter
Afonin\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp458F.tmp'.". End Error DTExec: The package
execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 10:59:14 PM Finished:
10:59:15 PM Elapsed: 1.014 seconds. The package execution failed. The
step failed.
If the cause is really in this tmp file, it doesn't make any sense. Yes, I'm
deleting my tmp files periodically, so I don't have these files. It's hard
to believe that SQL Server relies on tmp files that are often deleted. Plus,
I was running the same packages on Windows XP for over a year and never had
problems like this.
What else could it be and how to fix it? Is it a security issue?
I would appreciate your suggestions very much.
Thank you,
Peter AfoninHi Peter
"Peter Afonin" wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm running SQL Server 2005 Developer edition on Vista Ultimate. I've
> created several SSIS packages and run them under proxy account. At first
> they worked just fine, but then all of them started to fail with the error
> messages like this one:
> Error: 2007-03-20 22:59:15.56 Code: 0xC002F304 Source:
> NonTransactableSql Execute SQL Task Description: An error occurred wit
h
> the following error message: "Could not find file 'I:\Users\Peter
> Afonin\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp458F.tmp'.". End Error DTExec: The package
> execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 10:59:14 PM Finished:
> 10:59:15 PM Elapsed: 1.014 seconds. The package execution failed. The
> step failed.
> If the cause is really in this tmp file, it doesn't make any sense. Yes, I
'm
> deleting my tmp files periodically, so I don't have these files. It's hard
> to believe that SQL Server relies on tmp files that are often deleted. Plu
s,
> I was running the same packages on Windows XP for over a year and never ha
d
> problems like this.
> What else could it be and how to fix it? Is it a security issue?
> I would appreciate your suggestions very much.
> Thank you,
> --
> Peter Afonin
>
I would suspect that the issue is probably with 'I:\Users\Peter
Afonin\AppData\Local\Temp' not existing where is your temp directory set to?
John|||Hi John,
No, this directory is real. This is a default directory in Vista (I have it
on partition I).
Thank you,
Peter
"John Bell" <jbellnewsposts@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:6899EAEE-6306-4D47-913B-BF503C445D66@.microsoft.com...
> Hi Peter
> "Peter Afonin" wrote:
>
> I would suspect that the issue is probably with 'I:\Users\Peter
> Afonin\AppData\Local\Temp' not existing where is your temp directory set
> to?
> John|||John, I can confirm that SQL Server is indeed looking for these tmp files.
1. I've recreated my packages, they worked fine.
2. I removed all files from I:\Users\Peter Afonin\AppData\Local\Temp folder.
The packages stopped working, giving me the error I mentioned before.
3. I put these tmp files back to this folder, the packages work fine again.
This is something that I've never heard before and that doesn't make any
sense. Why this never happened on Windows XP, only Vista? What should I do -
it looks like I cannot cleanup my computer anymore?
As a last resort - can I change the folder for tmp files that are needed for
SSIS packages execution, so I could exclude it somehow from the disk
cleanup?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Peter
"John Bell" <jbellnewsposts@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:6899EAEE-6306-4D47-913B-BF503C445D66@.microsoft.com...
> Hi Peter
> "Peter Afonin" wrote:
>
> I would suspect that the issue is probably with 'I:\Users\Peter
> Afonin\AppData\Local\Temp' not existing where is your temp directory set
> to?
> John|||Hi Peter
"Peter Afonin" wrote:

> John, I can confirm that SQL Server is indeed looking for these tmp files.
> 1. I've recreated my packages, they worked fine.
> 2. I removed all files from I:\Users\Peter Afonin\AppData\Local\Temp folde
r.
> The packages stopped working, giving me the error I mentioned before.
> 3. I put these tmp files back to this folder, the packages work fine again
.
> This is something that I've never heard before and that doesn't make any
> sense. Why this never happened on Windows XP, only Vista? What should I do
-
> it looks like I cannot cleanup my computer anymore?
> As a last resort - can I change the folder for tmp files that are needed f
or
> SSIS packages execution, so I could exclude it somehow from the disk
> cleanup?
> Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you,
> Peter
>
SSIS may use files in a users temporary directory, if they have been
automatically generated or converted. You will need to check the datasources
and the package steps to see what they are. If necessary they can be moved t
o
a "common" directory that has the correct permissions for all users that wil
l
run the package.
You may have found that removing the equivalent files in Windows XP would
have had a similar result.
John|||Thank you, John, I'll edit my packages and see what's going on.
Peter
On Mar 22, 1:44 am, John Bell <jbellnewspo...@.hotmail.com> wrote:
> HiPeter
>
>
> "PeterAfonin" wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
> SSIS may use files in a users temporary directory, if they have been
> automatically generated or converted. You will need to check the datasourc
es
> and the package steps to see what they are. If necessary they can be moved
to
> a "common" directory that has the correct permissions for all users that w
ill
> run the package.
> You may have found that removing the equivalent files in Windows XP would
> have had a similar result.
> John- Hide quoted text -
> - Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment