Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error during SQL 2000 SP3a upgrade

I received the following error while executing the
REPLCOM.SQL script during the upgrade.
[DBNETLIB]General network error. Check your network
documentation.
[DBNETLIB]ConnectionRead (recv()).
This was the only output in REPLCOM.OUT.
Any ideas, I upgraded other servers and this did not
happen. I was upgrading from SQL 2000 SP2.Mark,
Is the SQL Server service pack directory you are installing from on the
network or on your local machine? Perhaps there was a network outage
whilst the upgrade was running?
Can you copy the install directory locally and run it again?
--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602m.html
Mark Gozick wrote:
> I received the following error while executing the
> REPLCOM.SQL script during the upgrade.
> [DBNETLIB]General network error. Check your network
> documentation.
> [DBNETLIB]ConnectionRead (recv()).
> This was the only output in REPLCOM.OUT.
> Any ideas, I upgraded other servers and this did not
> happen. I was upgrading from SQL 2000 SP2.

No comments:

Post a Comment