Monday, March 26, 2012

Error during Merge Replication initialization

Hi,
We had a healthy 2-way merge replication set up with a SQL 2005
publisher/distributor and a SQL 2000 subscriber which had been running for
about a week. I re-created the publication so I could add automatic identity
range management to an article. I sucessfully re-created a push subscription
to a SQL 2005 subscriber but when I tried to create one to the same SQL 2000
machine that had been quite happy a few hours earlier, I kept getting this
error during initialization: "bulk data stream was incorrectly specified as
sorted". Nothing much has changed as far as I can see. Can anyone give me
some pointers?
Thanks,
Pete
Thanks for your response.
The collations were different and, having read about a similar problem on
another newsgroup, I changed the collation on my subscriber. The problem went
away so guess that fixed it. It's odd that the subscription had been
synchronizing fine up to the point that I changed the identity range
management options because I certainly didn't change the collation in between
dropping the subscriber and re-creating it. I'm sure there's a good reason
for it but it's no longer urgent.
Pete
"JPD" wrote:

> Hi Pete,
> Are you using the same collation on both the publishing database and the
> subscribing database? Have you tried using sp_dboption to set the
> select into/bulkcopy option of the subscriber database to ON?
> Jonathan
>
> Pete wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment