Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error during upgrade of SQL Server 7.0 to 2000

Hello!
I'm trying to upgrade SQL Srerver 7.0 SP4 to SQL Server
2000 on Windows 2000 server, during the upgrade
I received the following error message " Error running
script:messages.sql(1)".
I found Microsoft article 300676 how to fix this problem.
In this article they provide link to the new setup.ins file
you have to download in order to fix your installation.
Here's the link and it doesn't work:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/sql/transfer/sql80/setup/
Does anybody know the correct link? Or where I can download this file from?
Thank you,
LenaArticle says:
To use the fix, use these steps:
1.. Download s80305i.exe
from:ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/sql/transfer/sql80/setup/
The password is: 8.00.305
2.. To install SQL Server 2000 using the new Setup.ins file, copy all of
the files on the SQL Server 2000 CD to a directory on your drive.
3.. Replace the existing Setup.ins in the \x86\Setup\ folder with the
Setup.ins file that you downloaded in the fix.
4.. Rerun the SQL Server 2000 setup.
It is working fine. I just cheked this out. If you will not able to download
it let me know your EMail I'll send it to you.
Regards
---
All information provided above AS IS.
"Lena" <lenaglozman@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:fc1e8071.0310310848.12b948d5@.posting.google.com...
> Hello!
> I'm trying to upgrade SQL Srerver 7.0 SP4 to SQL Server
> 2000 on Windows 2000 server, during the upgrade
> I received the following error message " Error running
> script:messages.sql(1)".
> I found Microsoft article 300676 how to fix this problem.
> In this article they provide link to the new setup.ins file
> you have to download in order to fix your installation.
> Here's the link and it doesn't work:
> ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/sql/transfer/sql80/setup/
> Does anybody know the correct link? Or where I can download this file
from?
> Thank you,
> Lena|||I could download the file from
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/sql/transfer/sql80/setup/s80
305i.exe and then ran winzip to extract the setup.ins
file, the password to unzip this file is 8.00.305.
Let me know if you still having problem downloading this
file, i can email the setup.ins file to you.
>--Original Message--
>Hello!
>I'm trying to upgrade SQL Srerver 7.0 SP4 to SQL Server
>2000 on Windows 2000 server, during the upgrade
> I received the following error message " Error running
>script:messages.sql(1)".
>I found Microsoft article 300676 how to fix this problem.
>In this article they provide link to the new setup.ins
file
>you have to download in order to fix your installation.
>Here's the link and it doesn't work:
>ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/sql/transfer/sql80/setup/
>Does anybody know the correct link? Or where I can
download this file from?
>Thank you,
>Lena
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment