Monday, March 26, 2012

Error during set partner statement (SP1)

Hi!

I have the following error during setting partner on mirror server
Msg 1431, Level 16, State 4, Line 1
Neither the partner nor the witness server instance for database "masterserver" is available. Reissue the command when at least one of the instances becomes available.

The partner is available through telnet. I've also checked ports vai netstat and have no found errors.

There are two noteworthy erros in the error log at mirror server
Error: 9642, Severity: 16, State: 3.
and
An error occurred in a Service Broker/Database Mirroring transport connection endpoint, Error: 8474, State: 11. (Near endpoint role: Target, far endpoint address: '')

Security settings it seems are set accurately.

Ok, find out the problem.
I leave database yesterday in restoring state and today morning it has recovering state.

When I synchronize logs again mirroring has worked fine. I think during server startup (I restarted server today morning) it tries to recover mirror database. It leads database status changing and impossibility to set up partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment