Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error encountered while starting the SSIS service

I installed SQL Server 2005 Integration services on Windows XP machine. Then I went to the SQL Server Configuration Manager and tried to Start the SSIS service. The "Log On As" value is "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService". But I get the follwoing error:

The request failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion. COnsult the event log or other applicable error logs for details.


Event Log details:
The SQL Server Integration Services service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I tried running the service using the "Local Service" and the "Local System" accounts also, but am still encountering the same error. What do I do...

Are you using SP1? There was a bug in SP1 that stopped the SSIS service from starting under certain conditions.

-Jamie

|||

I dont have any SP installed.

I installed SSIS on another machine and here the service runs successfully under NT AUTHORITY\Network Service. As for the first machine, as of now, I am only able to run it under the current domain account- Is this fine or will it lead to some problems/threats in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment