Tuesday, March 27, 2012

ERROR EXECUTING EXTENDED STORED PROCEDURE Specified user can not login

Hello All,
I'm wrote a program that uses the extended stored procedure XP_CMDSHELL .
The user is not an admin and I'm not sure how to set up a Proxy account.
I'm getting the following error when I try to add the user into the
Non-SysAdmin job step proxy account.
ERROR EXECUTING EXTENDED STORED PROCEDURE Specified user can not login
I gave the users domain rights to the master database on the server and then
gave permission to use the XP_CMDSHELL procedure.
My knowledge on permissions in SQL SERVER 2000 is hazy and I would like to
know what steps I have to take to add a non-admin user to be able to use the
XP_CMDSHELL procedure. Do I have to set anything outside of SQL SERVER
2000?...
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
MattIf the user invoking xp_cmdshell is not a member of the sysadmin role, the
proxy account will be used.
The proxy account is setup using the dialog on the SQL Agent property page
in SQL Enterprise Manager (Job System tab) or using the extend stored
procedure xp_sqlagent_proxy_account, see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_xp_aa-sz_8sdm.asp
See http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3372131 for
more background.
GertD@.SQLDev.Net
Please reply only to the newsgroups.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use.
Copyright © SQLDev.Net 1991-2005 All rights reserved.
"Matthew Beirn" <mbeirn@.ssimed.com> wrote in message
news:u7EruuMTFHA.3336@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hello All,
> I'm wrote a program that uses the extended stored procedure XP_CMDSHELL .
> The user is not an admin and I'm not sure how to set up a Proxy account.
> I'm getting the following error when I try to add the user into the
> Non-SysAdmin job step proxy account.
> ERROR EXECUTING EXTENDED STORED PROCEDURE Specified user can not login
> I gave the users domain rights to the master database on the server and
> then gave permission to use the XP_CMDSHELL procedure.
> My knowledge on permissions in SQL SERVER 2000 is hazy and I would like to
> know what steps I have to take to add a non-admin user to be able to use
> the XP_CMDSHELL procedure. Do I have to set anything outside of SQL
> SERVER 2000?...
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Matt
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment