Tuesday, March 27, 2012

error enabling AWE to access >2GB of memory

hi,

I am having a problem enabling this, I am getting the error message:

Alter failed. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

Aditional information:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQl Statement or batch
(Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Address Windowing Extensions (AWE) requires the 'lock pages in memory' privilege which is not currently present in the access token of the process.

Configuration option 'show advanced options' changed from 1 to 0. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 5845)

-- end of error.

Prior to this, I opened up gpedit.msc, and associated the Administrator on the "lock pages in memory" policy.

I rebooted the server thinking that this might require it, but it didn't. I still cannot access memory .2Gb.

Any ideas?

cheers.hi,

anyone who can help?

thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment