Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error Expanding tables in Linked Server to Pervasive

Pleeeease help? I get an error when expanding the Tables object under linked servers in Enterprise Manager on a MSSQL2000 server.

I have a standard install of the Pervasive.SQL V8 data engine and DemoData db on my local PC. The SQL Server is also on my local PC.

I manage to create the Linked Server using the MSSQL Enterprise Manager. I used the following configuration:

Provider Name: Pervasive.SQL V8 OLE DB Provider
Product Name: Pervasive.SQL V8
Data source: DemoData
Provider string: <blank>
Location: workstation03
Catalog: <blank>

However when I try to expand the tables object under Linked Servers in the Enterprise manager I get the following error.

Error 7311: Could not obtain the schema rowset for the OLE DB provider 'UNKNOWN'. The provider supports the interface, but retuns a failure code when it is used. OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'UNKNOWN' IDBSchemaRowset::GetRowset returned 0x80040155 ].

How would I fix this?

Thank you.moving to microsoft sql server forumsql

No comments:

Post a Comment