Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error connecting Excel to Analysis Service for browsing cube

I have created a cube. Now when I open excel so that to browse the cube in the excel pivot table i am getting connection refused error? I am using olap 9.0 to connect to my cube which is deployed on the sqlserver 2005 analysis server. server is up and running.ok i found the solution. we need to reregister the olap 9.0 provider before we can use it to connect SQL Server 2005 Analysis Service Cube with Excel Pivot Table :
regsvr32 "c:\program files\common files\system\ole db\msolap90.dll"|||

Hi,

I having the similar problem with you. But no sure whether your error message is same with me. Here i get the error message as below:

Connection Failed

SQL State: '28000'

SQL Server Error: 18456

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server][SQL Server] Login failed for user 'domain\userida'

I am using olap services 8.0 & sqlserver 2000.

I checked this userida is properly created in the cube under a cube role said 'Accounts'. This role contain of abt 6 user id. Others user id is work fine except for this userida.

Any ideas to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment