Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error code: 0x80004005

I created a package that refreshes tables on one SQL Server to another SQL Server. First, I use an ExecuteSQL task to truncate the tables. Then I use a Data Flow task to copy the tables from one server to the other. Finally I update a log table. It was working fine with four tables. I added another table to the refresh and now I get these error messages:

[Source - RbcAcctSegment [1096]] Error: An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Unspecified error". An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Communication link failure". An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Communication link failure".

[Source - RbcAcctSegment [1096]] Error: Opening a rowset for "[dbo].[RbcAcctSegment]" failed. Check that the object exists in the database.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: component "Source - RbcAcctSegment" (1096) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC02020E8.

RbcAcctSegment is the new table that I added. The errors occur in the Data Flow task. We have tried running this on a different workstation with the same results.

What would cause this?

Fred

Try changing the connection propery 'Retain Same Connection' to FALSE.|||The 'Retain Same Connection' property is already set to FALSE for both Source and Destination Connection Managers.|||

I believe I found the problem.

I made a few changes in the Data Flow task. In the Properties of the Destination components I changed the OpenRowset property to include the database name beside the table name. Not all the Destination components had the database name.

Before it was [dbo].[TableName] and I changed it to [DatabaseName].[dbo].[TableName].

Fred

|||

It wasn't the problem. It worked one time.

Is there a limit on how many tables you can copy in one DataFlow task?

Fred

|||Now that you mention, I do remember we did have a similar error when we had around 20 in a data flow and then we moved some of them out to a new data flow and it worked fine. I had to put a precedence between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment