Friday, February 24, 2012

error code 17058

Hi everyone. I installed SP1 and it required a reboot. When I attempted to
start the
service from the Management Studio it fails and indicates an instance
failure (system.data). When I attempt to start from the administrative
services control
it fails and indicates a 17058 error, but the search results indicate this
is associated
with sql2000. The directory indicates the system files are there. I have
current
backups of system and data files. Anything I can do short of a complete
reload?
Thanks to everyone for being there to help.
SQL2005 and almost SP1
EdHi!
> Hi everyone. I installed SP1 and it required a reboot. When I attempted to
> start the
> service from the Management Studio it fails and indicates an instance
> failure (system.data). When I attempt to start from the administrative
> services control
> it fails and indicates a 17058 error, but the search results indicate this
> is associated
> with sql2000. The directory indicates the system files are there. I have
> current
> backups of system and data files. Anything I can do short of a complete
> reload?
> Thanks to everyone for being there to help.
> SQL2005 and almost SP1
This can be SQL 2005 error as well - check, for example
http://groups.google.si/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.server/browse_thread/thread/fd5cb2a8c242612a/c33f0483c5587bdf?lnk=st&q=17058+sql+server+error&rnum=1&hl=sl#c33f0483c5587bdf.
If this is what you get, you should not use Network Service account for the
SQL Server service.
--
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
Mentor, www.SolidQualityLearning.com
Anything written in this message represents solely the point of view of the
sender.
This message does not imply endorsement from Solid Quality Learning, and it
does not represent the point of view of Solid Quality Learning or any other
person, company or institution mentioned in this message

No comments:

Post a Comment