Sunday, February 19, 2012

Error Authentication User Informations

Hey Gang, I get a error message "Authentication Failed for SQL Server
instance: local with friendly name local SQL Server does not exist or
access denied". I have a Just loaded SQL Server on my virtual box and loaded
Microsofts bpa and microsoft security anlyzer. The security scan work but the
bpa scan does
not. I also look at the database,I can get access to and notice a new
database schema(sqlbpa). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Garry DGarry D (garrydawkins@.hotmail.com) writes:
> Hey Gang, I get a error message "Authentication Failed for SQL Server
> instance: local with friendly name local SQL Server does not exist or
> access denied". I have a Just loaded SQL Server on my virtual box and
> loaded Microsofts bpa and microsoft security anlyzer. The security scan
> work but the bpa scan does not. I also look at the database,I can get
> access to and notice a new database schema(sqlbpa). Any help would be
> appreciated.

The message means that the specified SQL Server does not exist. (Or that
your network permissions prevented you from finding it).

If you have SQL Server running on your virtual box, and BPA running on your
host machine and have specified (local) as your SQL Server, that won't
fly. You need to specify the name of the virtual machine.

And, of course, you have to make sure that SQL Server is running.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techin.../2000/books.asp|||Thanks, that work perfectly. By Identifying the server name within bpa
it took off and authenticated and is running as we speak.

GDawkins

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment