Friday, February 24, 2012

error changing subscription properties

Hi

Made a change to the publisher security parameters, tried to save and got the following message:

"An error occurred saving the changes to the subscription.

Additional information.

"Value" is longer than 128 that it should not exceed.
Parameter name: value (Microsoft.sqlserver.rmo)

Doesn't make much sense to me.
Tried to change it back and all I get is this error (i had set the userid to domain/userid which was obviously an error).

Hi, Bruce

Would you like provide more repro steps? And which version of SQL server are you using?

BTW, did you really input authentication login/password which is londer than 128 characters or any change will cause this error?

Also, when you tried to change back, were you stucked with this error or you succeeded in changing back.

Thanks
Yunjing|||

SQL 2005 standard - current release version

No it wasn't longer than 128

I'm stuck with it - I can't change it back....

Steps:
a) Well I had a 2005 subscription which was working fine (anonymous merge over HTTPS)
b) I made the mistake of changing the subscription properties-> publisher connection -> Use sql server authentication-> Login to domain\userid
c) pressed ok + ok - then got that error

Thanks

Bruce

|||

Hi, Bruce

Thanks for the info you provided.

I tried with 2005 anonymous merge pull sub with sync through web. But I couldn't reproduce the problem by following the steps you showed. I also read the product related source code and didn't find any code work different for changing login no matter for standard or enterprise SKU.

Did you change other sub properties value besides this login? Could you check if the issue was caused by other changes?

Thanks a lot

Yunjing

|||

Hi

It's a bit hard now to provide further info - I'm pretty sure it was the only thing I changed at the time....

thanks for your help anyway - this is a great service....
Bruce

|||

Thanks for all info you provided. If I can reproduce the issue in the future, I will let you know as well.

-Yunjing

No comments:

Post a Comment