Sunday, February 19, 2012

Error Bad data

I have been working fine with no problems and just finished my first report
and deployed it with no errors. The next day I get the message below whenever
I try to run the report thru the report server or try to delploy from inside
VS.net. I have no encrypted data and only one user on this pc. Please help!
The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive
or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a
backup key or delete all encrypted content and then restart the service.Just try this
rsactivate -r -c <config file>
>--Original Message--
>I have been working fine with no problems and just
finished my first report
>and deployed it with no errors. The next day I get the
message below whenever
>I try to run the report thru the report server or try to
delploy from inside
>VS.net. I have no encrypted data and only one user on
this pc. Please help!
>The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used
to access sensitive
>or encrypted data in a report server database. You must
either restore a
>backup key or delete all encrypted content and then
restart the service.
>.
>|||Did a password that RS uses change? Did you change a user that RS runs as?
All of these can cause this error. To fix it you will need to run
rskeymgmt.exe. If you backed up your symmetric key you can just import it.
If not, run it with -d to delete the encrypted content.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Ravi" <ravikantkv@.rediffmail.com> wrote in message
news:8dc301c4966d$8a5d79c0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Just try this
> rsactivate -r -c <config file>
> >--Original Message--
> >I have been working fine with no problems and just
> finished my first report
> >and deployed it with no errors. The next day I get the
> message below whenever
> >I try to run the report thru the report server or try to
> delploy from inside
> >VS.net. I have no encrypted data and only one user on
> this pc. Please help!
> >The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used
> to access sensitive
> >or encrypted data in a report server database. You must
> either restore a
> >backup key or delete all encrypted content and then
> restart the service.
> >.
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment