Sunday, February 26, 2012

error column

Hi,

Using SSIS, while importing (source i.e. .csv into destination i.e. sql server table), how is it possible to log the source COLUMN which causes the error in the row?

Thanks

Hello Arkiboys,

Many data flow components, including most sources and destinations, support an "Error Ouput" concept whereby you can work with the individual rows of data that could not be successfully processed by a component. This error output includes an ErrorCode and ErrorColumn that you can use in many cases to determine the column that is causing the error.

For more information, I'd suggest taking a look at this:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141679.aspx

-David

|||

Hi,

I followed the lonk.
Not sure why I do not get the error columns expanded as it says in the link.

Still do not know how to pull the column out i.e. I have a stored procedure which I would like to record the error columns. How do I get these error columns name and rows?

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment